These are the finished gloves.
This is as far as I’ve got, well this is the latest photo although I think I might have done a bit more since then – they are parked for the moment – but they will be finished. I’ve left the top of each finger unfinished on safety pins so that I can sit down and do all of them at once to get a uniform effect. don’t know if that’s a good idea as it makes the work very scruffy.
The newest pair on the needles is a variation on the last pair. The panels of vertical stripes and alternate stitches (seeding?) will alternate around the glove.
Both gloves cast on in two colours
I have finally started a new pair of gloves after much trial and error with casting on. I wanted an alternating colour cast on so I went to Youtube and tried a two colour cast on which I didn’t like and then an Italian cast on which also seemed a fiddle and rather messy. I then managed to make up a two colour cast on which I think is ok so I’ve started another pair on the dark grey and cream theme. This time I’m going to alternate the panels of vertical lines and alternating stitches.
I tried out the cast ons using 4mm needles and some black and white double knitting yarn which made life a lot easier than doing it with the 3ply and 2.25 circular needles.